Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Trailer: "Dredd" (2012)

Hello film fan!

Judge Dredd of 2000 AD comics is getting a second opportunity in film, so here's the trailer, and link!



My thoughts...

Most of us would only have heard about Dredd through the Sylvester Stallone Judge Dredd film of the 90s, and I don't know of anyone who enjoys it today. This version appears to be vastly different however, and it's a welcome attempt as I like the idea of the comics, of the law being handled on the spot by one person - one judge, one jury, and one executioner.

Dredd comes off visually and in style as something which can't be compared. I think Karl Urban is a fantastic modern day actor, and I greatly appreciate Lena Hedley, so I'm optimistic that it's a class above the Stallone version - which I presume many who are crying out with a lack of welcoming appreciation are choosing to do so for this reason. People, please know: Dredd isn't a reboot of the previous Judge Dredd film, but rather a second attempt at a comic-to-film of 2000 AD.

However, having seen the trailer I can see one clear comparison... Raid, the very enjoyably Indonesian indie action flick released earlier this year. It should be noted as most commentators of the trailer complain it's copied from the Raid, the film only came on people's radars earlier this year. If anything, the silver lining could be that the talk of Hollywood remaking the film may get dampened as of all people, it's Dredd and his (hot looking) sidekick who are taking on floor after floor of villains.

I look forward to a second trailer, hopefully showing some more depth to the film... But regardless I feel excited about the upcoming film.

What are your thoughts on the trailer? Looking forward to this film, if not already? Has this trailer changed your mind in anyway?

Share your thoughts below!

-Harish, out

No comments:

Post a Comment