Friday, May 6, 2011

Shared Link: Substitutes for Alcohol in Cooking

Hey there, reader!

As a self-proclaimed cook, when I have the time I like to spend time in the kitchen cooking food the way I'd prefer it.

The problem is, there are many recipes out there which look great but require alcohol. As the majority who eat my food aren't drinkers, I've always found it to be a bother when I tried such recipes.

Until now.

I came across the following link and it seems to justify suitable alternatives for alcohol usage (click link below)


It doesn't guarantee a spot-on perfection, as the link states "substitutes won't necessarily mimic the flavor of the original ingredient. The intention is to add some acidity and contrast as well as intensify flavors." It should allow for some adventurous trial and errors in cooking though. I have yet to try, but it looks like a good shot (and not of whiskey!)

Tried any of these alternatives? Let your fellow readers and me know how it compares and if you would recommend it below!

-Harish, out

No comments:

Post a Comment